Friday, April 20, 2018

28A - Exit Strategy


1.) The exit strategy I'm choosing to take is selling my idea to someone else who could capitalize on it more and execute the design and programming of this app better than I could.



2.) Honestly, I have very little interest in owning and managing a business. It doesn't seem like a job I'd enjoy- I like coming up with ideas but not so much executing them. I'd rather be the idea person and make a profit up front and let someone else transform my idea to be even better than I had imagined, with resources I don't have yet (networks, funds to program+design+launch it). I know I could make the app happen if I focused all my efforts into it, but I don't want to focus all my efforts into it. I'd rather focus on my major, Sustainability, and spend my energy getting my education and learning about architecture and interior design and how we can build sustainable cities. That's what I really care about at the end of the day.



3.) I think it has influenced certain decisions I've made. I think because I knew I didn't actually intend to pursue this idea myself, I dreamt big and tried to make the app without my personal limits. I would have to go through tremendous work and hustling to make this work out and become successful, but someone else could do this thing pretty easily, and I think I had that in the back of my mind when going through this entire process.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Kyleigh,
    I am the exact same way as you! I have little to no interest doing what my project was about, I would rather continue doing something much more meaningful. I would rather do something a lot different with my life and focus my attention on other stuff. But I feel like your project was such a cool idea that could really help the world. Great job!

    ReplyDelete